FLCS employs persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin or qualifying disability. However, as a specifically Christian school and ministry of the church, FLCS reserves the right to deny employment based on a person’s religious beliefs and/or practices that are in conflict with Biblical teaching*, as interpreted by the Elder Board of Calvary Chapel Seneca Falls. We reserve the right to terminate employment for the same.
To be considered for employment or to continue in employment:
1. The employee must be born again. If you are unsure what that means or are certain you are not born again, please click here. Because there are differing opinions of what it means to be born again and because it is the primary qualification for employment, FLCS reserves the right to determine if a prospective employee meets this criterion.
2. The employee must agree with the FLCS Doctrinal Statement.
3. The employee must not practice, believe in or advocate:
a. Any so-called “Christian” religion that teaches that Jesus is not God; that Jesus and Lucifer (Satan) are brothers; that there is no heaven and/or hell; that there is any mediator between man and God, the Father, except Jesus Christ; that salvation is based in part or in whole on good works as opposed to faith alone; that there is, after death, any intermediary state, such as purgatory, before entering heaven or hell; that keeping the Sabbath is necessary for salvation.
b. Any non-Christian religion, such as Wicca, Paganism, Islam, Buddhism or Atheism (this is, obviously, not an exhaustive list).
c. Sexual activity outside of marriage.
e. Same-sex romantic relationships, sexual activity or marriage.
d. Co-habitation with a member of the opposite sex in a relationship that substantially constitutes or mimics a marriage relationship, even if there is no sexual activity.
f. Drunkenness, the use of any illegal drugs, or the misuse of legal drugs.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Other flagrantly un-Christian attitudes or behaviors* could be reason for terminating employment, such as divisive behavior, disobedience to authority, lawlessness, uncontrollable temper, etc. The ones listed above are simply those that are most frequently encountered in today’s culture when discussing what constitutes true Christian faith and practice.
4. The employee must believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis chapters one and two; specifically that the entire physical universe, including the earth and all living things, was created by God in six literal 24-hour days; that the universe is less than 10,000 literal years old; that on the sixth day God created the first two human beings, Adam and Eve, who were, therefore, not descended from any other species or life form. In other words, employees must hold to a young-earth, creationist view and repudiate the theories of 1) “the big bang,” 2) a billions-of-years-old universe and 3) species evolving from lower life forms through evolution.
The Principal will determine during the employment interview whether these criteria are met. Applicants not meeting these criteria will not be employed at FLCS and employees discovered to not meet them will be discharged, all at the discretion of the Principal.
* The interpretation of “orthodox fundamental precepts…of the Christian faith,” “Biblical teaching,” “born-again Christian” and “flagrantly un-Christian attitudes or behaviors” and all other interpretations of Biblical or Christian concepts, as they apply to fitness for employment at FLCS, are at the discretion of the FLCS administration and the Elder Board of Calvary Chapel Seneca Falls.